Mini Ricotta Pineapple Canna-Crepe Soufflés
Updated: Feb 5
In the fourth preview of JeffThe420Chef’s upcoming book The Ganja Gourmet, The Joy of Cooking with Cannabis, Jeff shows you how to take classic French cuisine and turn it on its head in your own kitchen.
Photo: Leela Cyd
“One of my all time favorite dishes! I make 6 just for me to snack on during the week!” says JeffThe420Chef without the slightest hint of exaggeration.” Jeff’s cannabis-inspired dessert take on the classic soufflé—a cornerstone of the country’s culinary culture since 1820, when Chef Antonin Carâme used new convection oven technology to invent it—is a sweet, cheesy, delicate treat that will also provide a long-lasting and completely calculated high. By taking two of French cuisine’s most beloved blank slates, the soufflé and the crépe, and combining them under the umbrella of cannabis cuisine, Jeff encapsulates his entire philosophy—the dish, like the chef, is reverant to a dish’s history while maintaining the irreverence of an amateur cannabis cook. “You can also make just one large soufflé [instead of 6 small ones] by placing all the blintzes on top of the melted butter in a large baking dish. Then just pour the soufflé mixture over the crepes, bake for 1 hour and voila!
Number of servings: 6 (2 oz ramekins)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
*APPROXIMATE DOSE PER SERVING
CBD @ 20%: 12.5
THC @ 10%: 6mg
THC @ 14%: 9mg
Note: *Approximate dose per serving is based on using 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed Cannatonic CBD 20%/THC10%. If you use a non-CBD strain, I have calculated 14%THC, the THC percentage after curing, drying and decarbing the average 16% strain.
• 1 cup milk
• 1/4 cup cold water
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1⁄4 cup cannabutter, melted and cooled
• 1 stick Grass fed butter, cold. You won’t use the whole stick, it’s just to grease the pan.
• 1 cup ricotta cheese
• 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
• 3 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
• 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
• 1 egg Souffle
• 1 stick grass fed butter, melted
• 1 cup sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
• 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1. Blend together the crepe ingredients: milk, cold water, flour, sugar, eggs and cannabutter.
2. Heat a small non-stick pan on Medium. Rub the stick of butter around bottom and sides of the pan.
3. Pour enough batter into the pan to coat the bottom. Cook for 30-40 seconds until the batter sets. Shake gently to loosen.
4. Flip using a small silicon spatula and cook another 30-40 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat until all the batter is used.
5. In a Medium mixing bowl, combine cheese filling ingredients. Mix well.
6. Place 1 tablespoon of the cheese filling in each crepe and fold them opposite edge to opposite edge, then roll open sides over folded edges to create a closed little blintz. Set aside and repeat.
*Click on the THC/CBD Calculator link to figure out the approximate dose of THC per serving.
Original Article: https://www.merryjane.com/food/mini-ricotta-pineapple-canna-crepe-souffles