Fig, Pear & Pumpkin “Humboldt Pie” with Gorgonzola and Balsamic Reduction
Updated: Jan 27
(based on infusing 3.5gms dried/decarbed cannabis into 1 stick of butter (starting cannabis
weight before dry/decarb was 7gr)
1 2/3 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup Crisco
2 Tablespoons Jeff’s Light Tasting Cannabutter (recipe at jeffthe420chef.com)
2 Tablespoons grass fed butter
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon buttermilk + 1 Tablespoon water
1 egg white
¼ cup fresh pumpkin, diced and peeled
1 Bosc pear, firm
¼ cup figs (dried or fresh)
½ cup fig (or pear) jam
1/4 cup raw cane sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon + 1 teaspoon nutmeg (mixed together)
2 Tablespoons Gorgonzola Cheese
1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 Teaspoon sugar
MAKE THE CRUST
1. In a Large bowl, combine the dry ingredients
2. Using 2 knives or a pastry cutter, cut in the Crisco, butter and canna-butter
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and buttermilk mixture together, then sprinkle
over the flour mixture.
4. Knead together, adding a bit of extra water if needed to make the dough
5. Form the dough into a ball and then flatten into a disk, wrap it in plastic and
refrigerate for 30 minutes.
MAKE THE FILLING
1. Place diced pumpkin in a large bowl
2. Using a mandolin, thinly slice each of the opposing sides of the pear until you
reach the core.
3. Slice off the remaining pear on the sides of the core and dice.
4. Add the diced pear with the pumpkin and add the fig halves.
5. Toss with ¼ cup of jam and 1 teaspoon of sugar spice mixture. Set aside.
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
2. Roll the crust into a 13" to 14" round, and transfer it to the parchment paper.
3. Press a 10” dinner plate lightly onto the dough to form a circle. This is your
6. Spread ¼ cup of the jam within the circle.
7. Pile the fruit in the center of the circle and spread out to the edge of your guide.
8. Fold the crust up over the fruit, pinching or pleating as you go, leaving a few
inches of fruit exposed in the center.
9. Brush the dough with egg white and sprinkle with sugar spice mixture
10. Bake the pie in a preheated 400°F oven for about 35 minutes, or until the filling is
bubbling and the edges of the crust are brown.
11. While the pie is baking, make the Balsamic Reduction
12. Remove it from the oven, and cool for 15 to 30 minutes
13. Sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese and drizzle with Balsamic reduction before
cutting into 8 equal slices.
14. Serve warm.
15. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days (if it lasts that long!)
MAKE BALSAMIC REDUCTION
1. In a small saucepan, mix balsamic vinegar with sugar.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes until reduced
to half and somewhat thick.
3. Remove from heat and allow to thicken as it cools.
Tip: using a funnel, transfer balsamic reduction to a small plastic squeeze bottle.
It’s the best way to drizzle and get creative! Bon Appétit!
Click on the THC/CBD Calculator to figure out the approximate dose of THC per serving.