Updated: Apr 6, 2021
Step 1 - Gemination
Growing cannabis from seed is really fun! And super simple to start but one of the most important things you can do is make sure that you are germinating your seeds at the right time. The best way to do that is to consult the farmers almanac and find the best time to germinate tomato seeds in your area. Tomatoes and cannabis grow very similarly and the time to germinate tomato seeds is the optimal time to germinate cannabis seeds.
Germinating is super simple! All you need is a paper towel, a plate, some water, and of course your cannabis or hemp seeds.
You can purchase seeds from a seed bank. I got mine from Home Grown Cannabis Co., they have a wide range of seeds available to choose from. I choose Matanuska, Lemon OG, Maracuya, and Amnesia since they grow better outdoor and this year I wanted to focus on perfecting my outdoor grow. Additionally, I am growing my own strain, White Lime that I have bred. I like to think of this as Chef's Choice :)
Here’s how you do it:
1) fold the paper towel in half and place one half on a plate with the other hanging off to the sid.
2) gently wet the paper towel on the plate
3) place the seeds on top of the paper towel
4) now cover the seeds with the other side of the paper towel and wet thoroughly. make sure that your seeds are not swimming in water but are snugly enjoying the moisture from the top and bottom of the towels
5) place in a dark place that is not too cold or too warm.
6) Check it in 2 days