Updated: Jan 27, 2020
Elevate your Purim experience with Jeff’s Sea Salted Canna-Caramel Hamentashen!
Note, to do this right you will need a candy thermometer to make the caramel.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes + 15 minutes for the caramel
Idle time: 3 hours to chill dough + 1 hour to chill pre-baked Hamentashen
Approximate dosage: Number of servings: 24
For the dough
-1 stick grass fed butter, softened (I prefer Kerrygold)
- ½ stick “Light Tasting” Canna-butter, softened (recipe on JeffThe420chef.com)
- ½ cup raw cane sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
For Canna-Caramel Filling (makes more than you will need. Refrigerate unused portion)
- ½ stick grass fed butter, salted
- ½ stick “Light Tasting” canna-butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Coarse Grain Sea Salt (optional)
1. In a large bowl cream butter, canna-butter, egg, sugar and vanilla.
2. Slowly add in flour and salt and combine to form a shaggy dough
3. Bring dough together and form into smooth ball. Cover with either wax paper or plastic
wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
4. While dough is setting make caramel
5. In a Medium sauce pot bring butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed
milk to a boil. Add in Cannabutter at the end and bring to boil.
6. When all is boiling add in heavy cream and stir constantly.
7. Using a candy thermometer bring caramel to 238ºF or to the S (softball) stage on the
8. Remove from heat and mix in vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Set aside to cool.
9. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a lightly floured board. Dough should be