One of my favorite side dishes in the Fall are Smashed Potatoes! Warm and gooey on the inside, salted just right with the prefect pairing of grass fed butter, cheese, rosemary and thyme. In this CBD infused twist, I substituted Rosemary-Jane culinary hemp instead of fresh Rosemary. The taste in incredible and the Rosemary-Jane culinary hemp is naturally chock full of CBD.
1 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
regular olive oil
2 TBSP salted butter, melted
2 cloves garlic , crushed
1 TBSp fresh chopped Thyme
1/2 tsp Rosemary-Jane culinary hemp (24mg)
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
2 tsp grated Asiago or parmesan Cheese
1. Boil potatoes in a large pot of salted water, covered for 30 minutes or until just fork-tender.
2. Set your oven to broil at 400°F
3. Mix together the butter, garlic and Thyme. Don't add the Rosemary-Jane just yet, if you do, the heat will burn off the CBD.
4. Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with olive oil.
5. Drain the potatoes and let cool for about 10 mins
6. Using a cutting board and the bottom of mug, GENTLY mash potatoes to flatten and place them on the baking sheet.
7. drizzle the mixture over each potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Broil potatoes until they are golden and crispy (about 12-15 minutes).
9. turn off the oven, remove the potatoes, and immediately sprinkle Rosemary-Jane evenly over the potatoes. Then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
10. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted (about 3-4 mins)
To serve, season with a little extra salt and garnish with pulled fresh thyme twigs . Serve immediately.